Tuesday, September 21, 2010

In Class: Peer Workshops

I have had lots of experience with in class peer workshops. My very first semester at TCU, I took the Freshman English course and it was set up in almost the exact same format. We did peer workshops with our first drafts. At first I was a little hesitant about having people read my paper, but after a while I became comfortable with it and eventually grew to enjoy it and find it very helpful. I found the advice and suggestions were extremely helpful and actually did help in making my paper better. Sometimes though, I felt as if my peers didn't really care to read or help. Those were the ones that made peer review a little annoying. However, I think there were far more people interested in actually revising papers than those that weren't. Overall, I think peer review is a helpful tool in revising a paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment